Someries Infant and Nursery School aims to provide a broad and balanced curriculum that meets the needs of all children and promotes their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. We are committed to equality; reflecting and valuing diversity.
As defined by the Act, as a public authority we must have due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited under the Act
- Advance equality of opportunity between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it
- Foster good relations between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it
As a school, we also have two specific duties to perform in relation to the Equality Act of 2010:
- To publish information which shows we have due regard for inequalities as defined by the Act
- To publish at least one equality objective and report annually on its progress