The sports premium funding is used well to enhance the teaching of physical education and has increased pupils' participation in sporting activities.
The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
Our school receives an annual premium of approximately £17900.00 which is used to directly impact on improving PE and sport provision throughout the school.
Click here to read our 2018-2019 PE and sport premium funding action plan
Our strategy for developing PE and sports provision at Someries Infant and Nursery school is based on five core objectives:
- To improve the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- To increase the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- To increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- To broaden pupils' experiences of a range of sports and activities
- To increase pupils' participation in competitive sport
All pupils at Someries Infant School regularly participate in our Golden Mile initiative.
The Golden Mile is a safe, simple and measurable health and physical activity initiative accessible to all pupils, regardless of age or ability.
The initiative reinforced the message from the Department of Health that children should engage in regular daily physical activity habits across the week, every week all year round.
The Golden Mile is an all year round initiative whereby pupils get involved by walking, jogging or running around our Golden Mile track within the safety of the school grounds.